The Ten Commandments of Gun Handling
1. Always keep the gun muzzle pointed away from anything you do not want to shoot or is not legal to shoot.
2. All firearms are loaded.
3. Always store or carry the firearm unloaded with the action open except when actually hunting or preparing to shoot.
4. Be sure the barrel and action are clear of obstruction (mud plug or wrong ammo) you don’t want an explosion.
5. Confirm your target before you pull the trigger, shooting a person will ruin two people’s day.
6. Never horseplay with any firearm.
7. Never climb a fence, tree, or jump a ditch with a loaded firearm.
8. Never shoot at a hard surface or water.
9. Store firearms and ammunition in different places.
10. Never use drugs or alcohol before or during shooting.